Thursday, March 27, 2014

Drama Catch up

A little late on this post again, School is sucking all my drama watching time away from me. Okay, I will do my best not to give too many spoilers, but because I love talking about things, I make no promises.

So . . . Man from the stars. I Already talked about this, so this will just be my final thoughts now that its over.
           

I loved this drama, I was so glad that they stayed true to the characters, they used his alien powers until the end (which I give a mental high-five to the writers on that one, its rare to find a drama that keeps up with the use of the powers as well as this drama did.)  I appreciated that they never over looked the fact that he was an alien, and had abilities that could out due humans,  total win! Everything that happened in this drama made sense with the plot, and it was so heartbreakingly intense towards the end.
I was also really impressed that I didn't feel like zooming past anything when I was watching, that is how I knew it was a good drama.
Basically, all I should have to say to promote how fantastic this drama is, can be summed up in three syllables Kim. Soo. Hyun.

And his acting is out of this world! But truthfully all of the actors were brilliant, this is a high quality show, I could just go on and on. But I don't have the time!
 The villain in this drama, so evil, I loved to hate him!!!! I think the best part about him was that he was he was both believably innocent when he was faking his innocence in the murders and murder attempts. His evil face when he was plotting was so . . . just pure evil! I loved it!

This drama gets a 100,000 out of 10.

I break this scale all the time it seems. But it really is that good.


Next is a Drama that Literally took me a year to finish.

Greatest Love,


     

Here is the deal with this show, there isn't anything wrong with it, its a good story, and a great cast. But for some odd reason, that I really can't explain, I had such a hard time wanting to watch it. I would be interested for like two episodes, then I would have to go to something else, and I would just forget about it. And maybe a month or two later I would remember and watch a few more episodes.

Katie and mom hate that it took me so long. This is there favorite drama, so the fact that I didn't finish it in a week confused them. But it just didn't keep my interest, even though its a great story!!!

I'm sorry! But I have to be honest. I think the issue was with the writers and directors to be honest, they just didn't give it enough of an edge, or maybe because I just felt like the story was too hard to believe, but I'm still not impressed by it.
I have a feeling Katie going to hate this post.

I would however recommend the drama, because I think the issue was with me, give it a try and let me know if you have the same issue. Katie really loves this story.  

It gets an 8 out of 10.

Next is an equally hard to watch drama

Deja-Vu.


   

This is a Taiwanese drama about a Ballerina's worst nightmare, where he boyfriend dies, she loses her baby and so she tries to kill herself, but some wizard dude gives her a second chance to relive her life from the point that she met her boyfriend. Which would be great if she wasn't forbidden from dating him, and had to give up her ability to dance in order for this to happen.

 So Basically she has to be miserable for the rest of her life, so he can live. I Liked it for the first three episodes, but just like greatest love, I just lose interest and I honestly have skipped four episodes to find one that sounded a bit more interesting.

Honestly, its all the "my life is so hard! Everyone hates me! Everyone thinks I'm evil!" sad scenes that really bother me. I know that Taiwanese dramas like to drag that stuff out, but maybe its because I really wish she would stop letting people walk all over her for the sake of a reality she hates anyway. I just felt like her once winning personalty was so weak, come on! fight back!! Or better yet, talk faster!!!! Because she would pause for a LONG time when being accused, that is really when things got sticky for her.

I don't know, this drama is just really hard for me to watch. I will not give it a rating until I finish it. But I can hint that its not going to be a very high rating.


Now for the best drama that was ever thought up and cast!!!!

Bride of the Century!!!!




       

Lee Hong Ki never looked so good!!! (That's a lie, he always looks good) I am really surprised by this drama, when I watched the promotions, I thought it was going to be a low quality drama with an over exaggerated storyline and corny love scenes. Man was I wrong!!! This is turning out to be a really good drama, I haven't disagreed with anything that has happened. So far, when I think I have predicted what was going to happen, and was anticipating being disappointed, I have been completely wrong!


This drama has a very unique storyline, which to me is the biggest selling point (once again I lie, he is my ultimate bias after all) the use of the curse and the ghost as the big issue, and then the added issue of who will die, and how will Kang-ju accept Doo-Rim when he finds out who she is. oooOOOOoooo!!! intrique!!!!


On a side note, Hong Ki's acting has improved so much in the past year, I am having fun watching him act all high-and-mighty on Bride of the Century, then wake up every morning to him doing something ridiculous on instagram. He is doing so well, my baby is all grown up!!!

I really think this role will be beneficial for him and all of FTIsland, maybe they will be treated like adults and be allowed to do more rock songs. Crossing my fingers!!! 

That is all for this drama catch up. Let me know what you are watching. I love finding new dramas, also I am looking for some good Japanese dramas, let me know if you have one in mind.

(all pics and gifs belong to the crazy people on tumblr who made them from the crazy people who are in television, film, and animation.)






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindy! im a fan of you from Paris(France). Why do you go so far far far away for seeking a boyfriend in South Korea? have you ever ask yourself that your Love may be in France? ^^
    Mindy i like a lot all of your vids on youtube especially in South Korea...
    Sorry but i don't know how to contact you so i let you a message here... hope you'll answer me... have you an e-mail for your fan?
    Ps: if you and your friends want to come to paris in the future... i will be proud to be your guide But... my english needs a dictionary

    ReplyDelete