Saturday, January 25, 2014

Drama catch up

Okay,

I really wanted to find time to review in video the dramas that I have been falling in love with, but with school that hasn't happened.

Come summer I should have more time to do this in video form.

Okay, I am super late on some of these, my apologies.

So if you have already seen them, you can leave a comment and we can talk about them!


Starting with what I am currently watching

                                                             Man from the stars



This is the best drama I have watched in a while. And not just because Kim Soo Hyun is in it, but that does help, he is an amazing actor, this drama will make you love him if you don't already.( I will brainwash you if I have to, you need to love him!)
 This is the best storyline, not a single episode has been disappointing, I am truly impressed with the characters and the surprises they give in each episode. I love the use of the alien powers and the fact that have not gotten rid of them or failed to use them when, in that type of situation, he would utilize them like a boss!! yeah, I love it!!!! so far they have not don't anything that I disagree with or found to be pointless, I love this drama.
It's too early to give this drama a rating, but I honestly want to carry a tv around with me everywhere I go to show everyone the awesomeness of this drama. IT. IS. AWESOME. I can't say enough about how good this drama is. 

                                                               Next up The Heirs.

I don't think I need to promote this drama too much, because this was the most popular drama of 2013. Everybody knows this drama.
I'm just going to give my basic thoughts on it.
The Heirs storyline had a good base, all the characters, including the smallest side character, were well developed and entertaining. There was nothing wrong with this drama. .  . you hear the but coming don't you?
I felt like there was too much hype for this drama for the actual reward of the episodes. It was actually just kinda average. I liked it, but it just was an okay drama, nothing special.
Okay, there were a few special things. I liked that Kim Tan was so nice, that was a pleasant change in love interests. I liked how the story didn't turn out conveniently. But I don't think that I would watch it again. 
so 7 out of 10

Now pretty man



This drama had no point, at ALL!!!! I have no idea why I continued to watch it.  it went going on and on about something I didn't care about and I got so bored.  I was majorly disappointed that Jang Geun Suk did this drama. Plus there was no progress with the two main leads until the last four episodes . . . seriously, this drama!!! So frustrating, the storyline really isn't even worth talking about. Watch it if you are bored, but don't expect a lot. 
4 out of 10

Next is I Miss You



So sad . . . So so so so sad!!! I loved it though, I was addicted to this show, I couldn't get enough of it!!!  But I also love JYJ, so Pretty much anything the one of the members in I am in love with. Everyone should love JYJ, if you don't do research, you soon will. I promote them so much they should pay me for it.  Geez!!

This is a drama that you have to be in the mood for major drama, ironic I know, but seriously someone is sobbing in every episode, sometimes multiple people are sobbing. At first I didn't mind it, but after awhile I was like

So that got old, but the rest of the drama was so awesome. It ends beautifully by the way, I loved the ending of this drama. So I give it a 10 out of 10.

Next is one of my new favorite dramas 
Nice Guy




This drama sucks on so many levels, and when I say suck I mean rock your socks addicting with the dramatics and hatred of the characters that you actually love so much you could squeeze their guts out. WARNING, it is the least happy drama you can find. It is so depressing, and basically nothing good happens the entire drama. But at the same time its evilness makes you want more. The love story will emotionally stab you and shred your soul to pieces, but its so beautiful!!!!
I loved it, but I was also screaming at the TV throughout the entire drama. 
this gets a 11 out of 10.
But be warned, it will kill you.  

Next The Master's Sun:


I didn't think I was going to like this, mostly because horror films are not my stick, but this actually wasn't too bad. I only held Lydnsie's hand through the first three episodes, and after that I felt like the ghost's got progressively less intensely scary. But the story maintained this intense creepiness that kept me interested. Every episodes ghost story had me hooked.

The love story was so cute, I loved Seo Ji Sub's acting in this, he played the perfect disinterested boss, but with this adorable twist to his attitude, I never found myself hating him when he was mean, because the way he did it was just so comical.  his  "Get lost!" is now a running joke in our Fangirl apartment, while we were watching this, we were looking forward to when he would feel fed up and say "Get lost!" I truly enjoyed him in all his moods.

This was a drama of hot hot hot hot men, it also had Seo Un Guk as the loser nice guy, can I get a raise of hands of who else just loves that man? That alone makes this drama worth a watch.

I never had a problem with Taeyang either, well, personality wise, her fashion sense is another story. Her clinging to the master was actually cute and comical, mostly due to his reaction to her, but truthfully they played off each other well.
 The ending kinda deflated the story for me, and I wanted to flip a table when the ghost seeing guy showed up at the last few episodes. Where was he all this time?!!?!?!

This drama is a 9 out of 10 on the drama scale, due to the great story, but a saggy ending.


That's it for now, I have watched a lot of dramas in my free time, so if you want me to review one for you so you don't waste your time on one, nothing is sadder than a boring drama, I am happy to help.

    I don't own the rights to any videos, images, or gifs. Credit to the creators. 




5 comments:

  1. Hi Mindy, Thank you for your wonderful review. I agree on the most part... 'My Lover from Another Star' is amazing. After 'FBND' and 'I hear your voice' from last year, I am looking forward to this drama every week. I love Hyun-Hyun couple's chemistry. Also wondering how they are going to end it. There are only two possible options, right? I also have the same question as you regarding 'Pretty Man'...why Keun Suk did it? Why? All I did through the entire drama was just staring at him...and wondering how he could pull off all those hair styles in one drama? What is left for the next one?
    I felt 'The Heirs' was disappointing, they had a great cast and they could have done so much in 20 episodes, but they took so long to build the story and too much going on in the last eight episodes...and it was quite unbelievable that all those 17-18 years old kids are doing all these things! I was hoping there will be some sort of time gap like most of the drama's and Kim Tan and Eun Sung will reunite in the future....It was all very quick. I felt it was a step back for Min Ho and Park Shin Hye as an actor after they have played much mature roles in their previous drama.
    I couldn't continue on 'Missing you' and 'Nice Guy'...both were so sad and depressing...despite the fact I am a big fan of Jong Ki and Yoonchun. Now I am looking forward to 'Prime Minister and I' as Yoon Shin Yoon is there.
    Looking forward to your next review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about watching Prime Minister and I for Yoon Shin Yoon too, but then I heard he is the loser nice guy . . . not sure if I want to watch him get his heart broken, it might kill me. let me know how it goes and I might give it a go.
    Nice guy and I Miss You are really sad, but I love them, so if you can't finish them, try giving the last or last two episodes a watch, they are the best part, (well, a part from the cute scenes that happen in the middle).
    I'll be updating again soon,
    hope we can chat again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you again ^^
    I definitively agree with you on most points. Like those on Bel Ami... I mean I love both Kang Geun Suk and IU and I loved IU's undying adorableness but just two days after finishing it I couldn't even remember the ending... It wasn't the worst drama I've seen, but I probably won't go watch it again.
    A big part of that also goes to my bleeding love for the second lead. And that is HUGE for me because I NEVER have second lead syndrome! I blame it all on Lee Jang Woo. He is the first and only actor to ever trigger my second lead syndrome.
    The first time I saw him was in Man of Honor (which to be honest isn't the best drama I ever watched) but he completely stole my heart! I though it was mainly because the main lead (and plot) didn't really do anything for me, but this time he was up against KGS and he divided and conquered that shit like a ninja (lol x]) ! The second he showed up the game was already lost. KGS didn't stand a chance >_<

    Oh and did you see Suspicious Housekeeper yet? If you didn't I would totally like to recommend it ! It scored big points with me because it's very different from the girl-dress-up-as-boy and the I-hate-you-but-I-love-you etc kind of dramas I've seen so many of, and the character development and general acting was simply amazing.
    How the main lead managed to portray so clearly the characters different emotions with only her eyes (you have to watch it to get it) is simply baffling, and the kids - especially the maknae daughter (Kang Ji Woo) - were mindblowingly great!
    I am a very patient person (I have been told at least >_<), but I've experienced with my sister (who has no patience at ALL) that she found it a bit draggy at some points, but I think in the end she thought it was really worth watching after all.
    Oh and I really liked the ending. It could have easily ended at around episode 18 but the last two episodes made the ending -in lack of better words- fuller and less rushed than a lot of other dramas. ^^

    - Btw, I really like it when you talk (like the DDW) or even just write about what dramas you've seen and your opinion on them so keep it up whenever you have time ;) Oh and do you have a mydramalist account? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what a mydramalist is. what is it?
    I will try to keep up with the reviews, I really enjoy them, but video is a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I totally understand that making those videos are both time consuming and a lot of work so don't worry about that :) The written reviews are quite entertaining too ^^
    Now let me enlighten you~
    mydramalist.com is an awesome site where you can keep track of how many asian dramas/movies you've ever watched and you can rate them 1-10, or even write reviews if you want :)
    There is -depressingly enough- a few small numbers at the bottom of the list telling you how many days you've spent watching the dramas etc... Don't quite know what I feel about that just yet... I get kinda emarrassed so I tend to ignore them >_<
    You can also keep track of what dramas you are currently watching (very useful if you watch more than one drama at a time) and how many episodes you've seen so far on each drama etc... You can also place dramas in the categories Plan to watch, On hold and Dropped.
    And the main site is generally just about asian dramas and movies with plenty of people writing small and fun or more elaborate 'articles' about dramas, movies actors etc, so you definitively get updated quick enough about the latest dramas etc ^^
    I have to admit it took a little time for me in the beginning, because when I first made my account I had already seen close to 50 dramas and I had to add each one to the list, but in my opinion it was worth it in the end! If you decide to make an account you can add me as a friend :) My username is the very fitting ObsessedDramaAddict ㅋㅋㅋ ^_^

    ReplyDelete